However, whilst this is a good feature, an excellent feature of the Whatsapp Desktop client is that it makes working with multiple files much easier than if you were using your phone. If you want to download a lot of messages, images, video or anything else you can do it in just a few short seconds, as opposed to fumbling around with your phone and Android file manager for much longer than is necessary.
Simply head over to Whatsapp.com to download the desktop app if you haven't already. Next you will need to link your phone and PC by heading over to https://web.whatsapp.com/ (just follow the instructions on the page). Now Whatsapp should be working on your PC and you should be able to read and write messages 'on the big screen'. If you have problems connecting then make sure the Whatsapp application is running on your phone, close the Whatsapp desktop app on your PC and reopen.
To download files from Whatsapp to PC:
- Open the applicable chat where the files are
- Scroll to the date in the conversation of the files you want to download
- RIGHT CLICK in the background wallpaper of the conversation
- In the menu that appears click SELECT MESSAGES
- Use the SELECT BOXES on the left to select the appropriate files
- In the BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER click the ↓ download arrow
- A ZIP file will save which you will need to extract (use 7zip)
- Unzip the compressed file and your selected files will be on your PC